JD for ND



    Tonight, Wine Wednesday has been substituted with Whiskey Wednesday to commemorate the life a friend who lost her battle with cancer three years ago. Her husband had requested that on her birthday, July 9, that her friends celebrate with Jack n' Chops - but the unconventional broad that I am, remembers her with a bit of JD and Coke on the day of her passing. I have mentioned this numerous times, both in person and on this blog, Tash was a very influential person in my life, although I don't know that I would have considered us close. I often think about her watching me omnisciently and wonder what she would have thought about my divorce or some of the choices I've made in my life - sadly, I think that she would be very disappointed. In any case, I raise a glass of Jack Daniels today to say "Cheers to Natasha Dean" and ask: what is the difference between Tennessee whiskey and bourbon?


    A:

    Both Tennessee whiskey and bourbon are made from 51% single grain mash - which is often corn - and they have to be aged in casks for two years before being bottled. The main difference between Tennessee whiskey and bourbon has to do with the filtration process - Tennessee whiskey is filtered through charcoal, where most other whiskeys are filtered through carbon. Also, most obviously, Tennessee whiskey has to be produced in the state of Tennessee (doy!).



    I've never told anybody this, but years ago Tash sent me a text message with her and Mark's address at Gulliver's Wharf in London and I could never bring myself to delete it - I even locked it to ensure that I wouldn't erase it by mistake. I kept it for ages until my phone died in 2009 and I was so upset; I could replace all of my contacts, but I would never be able to replace that message.



    Also, as a related aside, the photo is of "The Memory Wall" at the run site of CIBC's Run for the Cure. Each year, I participate in this charitable run to raise money for cancer - this year it is being held on October 2 - please donate here - but in the event that you ignore my request, I will find you and shake you down for money. ;)



    Sources:



    Source URL: http://policfashion2011.blogspot.com/2011/05/jd-for-nd.html
    Visit Police Fashion for daily updated images of art collection